Tuesday, 8 August 2006

Improving CORS Usability

Being a polytechnic student, I could find no record of my exempted MCs. Heck, I was even allowed to take CS1101 Programming Methodoloy module, which I am already exempted from! Here is my dream version of CORS. Before

New Version - Freshmen already has MCs!
First year student having 36 MCs? Click on Details, and a pop-up window appears. This is just a mock-up.
Combining the above in the Add Module page With some extra elements. Before
After
Now it shows bidders and total vacant slots for each module. Much easier to find vacant modules! Now combining the above...
Now you have all your requirements listed out neatly and you know where you stand! Maybe another column for "Coming MCs" to indicate current modules I am taking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey yeh... your suggestions are stupendous:D

your senior here

NUS Computing Student said...

Hehe ya... Well, its a frustration venting blog. Hopefully, one or more of my suggestions get considered and implemented.

pinto said...

CORS is run by Computer Centre, do give your suggestions to them.

Anonymous said...

Hi

This is a junior here.
I would like to ask if I can take 2 of your pictures of the Cors System for the project of one of my computing modules?

Thank you.

ever.green@musician.org

NUS Computing Student said...

@ash
Sure, as long as you cite the source :)